Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Ready to ship, delivery time depends on delivery country
- Order number: 2315-01
- Open text field 1: Birch sugar (xylitol) from Finland - sweetening power 1: 1 to sugar. Approx. 40% fewer calories than table sugar, suitable for baking, cooking and sweetening drinks.
Birch sugar (or xylitol = xylitol) is a sugar substitute that is comparable in appearance, taste and sweetness to common household sugar. It owes its name to its discovery in the fibers of the birch bark.
Raab Premium Birch Sugar is obtained from European hardwoods such as birch and is manufactured in Finland. In contrast to table sugar, birch sugar has about 40% fewer calories . Birch sugar occurs naturally in many fruits, berries and vegetables. Birch sugar is suitable for baking (with the exception of yeast dough), cooking and sweetening drinks.
The chemical name of the birch bark is xylitol or xylitol. It is known by this name in dental care, there are chewing gum and toothpastes that contain xylitol. The reason for this is that birch bark does not attack the tooth enamel, as the bacteria in the mouth cannot break down xylitol.
Ingredients : sweetener xylitol (E 967)
BIRCH SUGAR - SWEET PLEASURE
In terms of appearance, taste and sweetness, birch sugar is comparable to common household sugar.
In contrast to this
- it has a strengthening and remineralizing effect on the tooth enamel
- it slows down tartar formation
- it has 40% fewer calories
- he has 75% less carbohydrates
- it has a glycemic index of 7 (table sugar 70)
- it promotes digestion
- it keeps the blood sugar level low
- it is suitable for diabetics, as the breakdown is insulin-independent
Birch sugar is ideal for baking, cooking, for sweetening drinks and for making jams. It cannot be used for yeast dough as it does not form a breeding ground for yeasts.
- gluten free
- lactose free
Can with 300 g
750 g bag
Note : Can have a laxative effect if consumed in excess (from 30 g xylitol per serving or from 50 g per day). Children under 3 years of age should only take birch sugar in small amounts and after consulting a doctor. A varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle are of great importance. Store in a cool, dry place well closed. Filling level due to technical reasons.
Nutritional values per 100 g
Energy 1005 kJ / 240 kcal
Fat 0 g
of which saturated fatty acids 0 g
Carbohydrates 100 g
of which sugars
of which polyhydric alcohols <0.5 g 99 g
Protein 0 g
Salt <0.01 g
* Table sugar: 1678 kJ / 409 kcal
Note: Opened packs cannot be exchanged.