Our rudrakshas have a diameter of approx. 1.5 cm and have 5 mukhas.
The word Rudraksha refers to both the sacred seed (also fruit) and the tree that bears it. It grows into a medium-high evergreen tree with a wide crown. This grows quickly and bears fruit within three to five years. There are over 120 species worldwide.
Sanskrit: Rudraksha, Haraksha, Bhoota nasasaha
Botanical name: Elaeocarpus ganitrus
Properties: Balances Vata and Kapha Dosha.
Taste (Rasa): Sour (Amla)
Quality (Guna): Light (Laghu)
Potency (Veerya): Heating (Ushna)
Effect after digestion (Vipaka): Ushana
According to Indian mythology the demon Tripurasura tormented god, whereupon Lord Shiva wanted to kill this demon with a special weapon called Manohara Aghora. Lord Shiva produced this weapon with the help of all gods and thus mastered it to wipe out the demon. In the course of this victory, tears of happiness emerged from Shiva's eyes - and from these tears came the Rudrakshas (Shiva's tears).
Rudra = Lord Shiva
Aksha = eyes
Rudrakshas are common in Nepal, India, and Malaysia.
SIZES AND COLORS
Rudrakshas are available in different sizes. Usually small rudrakshas are more expensive than large rudrakshas. They are available in white, honey-colored, black and in brownish tones.
Type based on the shape:
- Rudraksha (oval)
- Bhadraksha (slightly flattened and elongated)
- Roudraksha (long)
- Sadraksha or Subhaksha (small)
Type based on the number of mukhas (= "faces" or furrows):
Ekha mukhi (one face). This rudraksha is very rare. It has impressions of Trisool (Shiva's weapon), a snake and a phallus.
- Strengthens the mental and physical development and gives "Bliss" (happiness).
Dwi Mukhi (two faces)
- helps keep worldly desires under control
- develops spirituality
- helps with sinus infections
- has a balancing effect on mental complaints
Tri Mukhi (three faces)
- helpful for learning and studying
- has a healing effect on eye problems
- has a supportive effect on diseases such as upset stomach and heart problems
Chaturmukhi (four faces)
- increases the receptivity
- develops memory and intellect
- helps with epilepsy in the early stages
Pancha mukhi (five faces)
- gives peace
- balances the blood flow
Shanmukhi (six faces)
- has a supportive effect on chest pain and hysteria
- helpful with women's problems
- good during the studies
- develops memory
Sapta Mukhi (seven faces)
- develops sexual ability
- increases willpower
- relieves stress
Ashta Mukhi (eight faces)
- good for concentration
- expands knowledge
- can heal paralysis in the early stages
Nava mukhi (nine faces)
- helps prevent miscarriages
- has a beneficial effect on heart problems and skin diseases
Dasamukhi (ten faces)
- relieves stress and tension
- helpful for whooping cough
- develops spirituality
Ekadasa Mukhi (eleven faces)
- has a supporting effect on fertility
- helpful with gynecological diseases
Dwa dasa Mukhi (twelve faces)
- helps to soul realization
- gives strength and hope to weak-willed people
- helpful for jaundice
Trayodasa mukhi (thirteen faces)
- has a cleansing effect on skin problems
- has a pain reliever effect on cancer (in the early stages)
- develops beauty
Chaturdasa mukhi (fourteen faces)
- gives health
- helpful for (facial) paralysis
- regulates anger
HOW DO YOU RECOGNIZE AUTHENTIC RUDRAKSHA?
- the vertical opening is of natural origin (not drilled)
- when the Rudraksha is placed between two copper coins it moves (magnetic force)
- authentic rudraksha remain in milk for a long time
- authentic rudraksha sink in pure water
A few "tips" from "Rudrakshopanishat":
- Monday is ideal for wearing Rudraksha. Likewise the Indian holiday Maha siva ratri.
- Anyone, regardless of age and gender, can wear Rudraksha.
- Rudraksha should not be worn during menstruation or intercourse.
Rudraksha can be cleaned with cow's milk.
Note: this is a natural product. Please note therefore that the size information can vary. Opened goods cannot be exchanged.